Saturday, January 19, 2008

the process upon selecting...(Origin of the name)*

Ok... since this is a weekend and i'll try to update this,

Dear Blog, *(and to those audience- thanks to KennySia)*

It was not easy to choose the signboard though... took me days of sleepless nights, hours of thirst and hunger hahaha ok ok anyways....there was a lot of choices to be made even though i thought the hardest process would be to think of a NAME!! a STAND-OUT!! cause i wouldn't want to give it a plain name like Fiona's Nail or something like that... haiz.. ok i am not gonna go there... shh...
Initially i wanted to name the business Madame KuKu, hahahha, but sadly/thankfully it was rejected by the registration office cause Kuku is an ORGAN...ridiculous!! i mean yea it is... but what do you think Nails are??? sheesh hahaha but i cannot imagine what will other people say in their blogs or even outside what would relatives think??....and i don't know WHAT WAS I THINKING!!...

Anyways, it was one of those jump to conclusion thing you know? the minute you think you've got an amazing idea! and when you take it to consideration it turns out to be... well not quite what you wanted..... To cut it Short the name Victoria Ting, my dearest, creative, BFF, lover, and bla bla bla!

Sypnosis:
The story began like this...she was in taxation class, i was at the Registration Office being knocked down by the officer cause of the initial name, and i called Vicky and asked her to think of a name and randomly she said "nail me good", catchy,.... whether she was asking for it or was thinking of a name i don't know but i ended up registering my business under that name! hahaha *smiles* joking la i am sure she is sober and alert during TAXATION class... who wouldn't be hor?....

THUS, the name "nailmegood" was formed.... Thank You Vicky!! *muaks*
Next decision making is for me to select a simple yet sophisticated design for my signboard! Well, i am grateful to have a friend who is into graphic designing in Australia who now is currently back in Melbourne...Angeline Chan is the name... thanks girl... *huggies* she got me all this marvelous designs which i adore adore adore....
Well as you go on scrolling down you can see all the different designs which i absolute adore but than...i only can choose 1.... yea it would be ridiculous if i would have chose all and change the signboard every month hahaha...*considering* haha ryte.... *Note: don't make me regret for choosing what i've chosen! HEP!!* hahaha i love it and i am sticking with it.... *exhale*..... hahaha...I wanted something New , Fresh , DIFFERENT, And an EYE CATCHER .. so...

*SIGH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*......let them go....
*SIGH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*.......sigh.....
ALMOST THERE..... SIGH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
AND FINALLY!!!...... this is what i've settled down with! cause it GLOWS beautifully and gorgeously at night... and also as you can see... its beautilicious~ hahaha... *laughing by herself*.... If your wondering what the round designs are for, there are my plans for stickers :) *winks* hope you'll like them....If you see them on cars around town u would know that they're either my customers or Friends ... and ehem... had been "nailed" and not just nailed... "nailed good"... hahaha.... *double winks*

And Last but not least!... the designs for my name card...

What do you think?

As you can see that i wanted something out of the ordinary so i got my name card made in different colors...Catchy...Just imagine different customers leaving with different name cards.. haha .. i know .. im crazy and nutz thats why i am overly busy... but its fun .. hehe .. *click on the images for a bigger picture* the address is on the card* hint hint hint...

Nway , it was a fun experience starting up this new business of mine .. i had all my Friends helping me out sorting out the name , design , registration , contractors , cleaning , drawing , etc .. I wanna take this opportunity to thank (ribuan-ribuan terima kasih)* to all my family members overseas for their STRONG support and believing in me starting up this business...*tears* and esp my Hubby who always cheer me on! ... N for friends domestic and overseas who also believed and encouraged me to this venture... thanks for all d moral support by constantly calling me wanting me 2update them on the progress on the shop... thanks for your concerns and eagerness...*tears*
This would NOT had happened without all your kind support and love .. thanks guys .. missing every single one of u guys... cant wait 2 c u guys soon .. RFMF08'.. YooWhoo.. ~!~!~

emotional.... hahaha...and ya..

-Ok obviously my blog is in a big mess right now... cause i have to get ready for a company dinner i am attending tonight, while stop editing cause my son needs a diaper change and need a shower, and i had stop again to make milk *in a middle of this* haha i have no time to edit what i've just done is spontaneous so bare with me, just hope its all readable.... argh... my son is pulling my mouse... *(crying)* <---both of us... sigh.. parenting HELP.....

Enjoy guys..."get nailed anyday...." hahaha....

7 comments:

The Bambi said...

yay finally a proper manicure/pedicure saloon in kch :) and it's nearby my neighbourhood as well :) btw is it open already? and do u use OPI products? :) toodles!

karenymz said...

woman! Suddenly your dead blog received 10000 visitors! lol Woot!
mei

Anonymous said...

Ya ya, u are right.. Hooray!

Anonymous said...

y dont u upload some pics of ur nail designs?

Anonymous said...

hey. glad tht i've found a way to contact you. i hv a few questions to ask. aiks.
1. do u hv a price list readY?
2. wht's the brand of the products tht u use?
3. when will you be opened ?

thanks.

Ignatius Lau said...

I HELPED WITH THE CHOOSING OF THE DESIGN!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the process of opening up your business...It was definitely insightful...haha...interesting read... :-)